top of page

Market Research Group

Public·7 members

Should I Buy A Car With 200k Miles _TOP_

Although it may have been well maintained, the purchase of a vehicle with over 200,000 miles on the odometer might lead to significant maintenance costs. At this point, the car is likely nearing the end of its useful life, and you may soon need to either invest a significant sum in repairs or replace it entirely.

should i buy a car with 200k miles

Download: https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fjinyurl.com%2F2uew3N&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AOvVaw2CWziSVYh-eGmoyD4D4GAA

Whether or not a car with over 200,000 miles is bad depends on much more than mileage. High-mileage vehicles are becoming more common on even new dealer lots. Here's what we know about super-high-mileage cars with over 200,000 miles.

In the past, most car dealerships didn't often deal with vehicles that had more than 100,000 miles on them. Now, cars with 150,000 and even 200,000 or more miles are becoming more common. These vehicles used to get shipped to auction where they were scooped up by Buy Here Pay Here (BHPH) dealers.

Cars with over 200,000 miles on them tend to be older, typically early 2000s vehicles, but even some newer cars can pack on the miles. These days cars are being made to last longer, and the average age of vehicles on the road is around 12 years old.

Whether or not it's worth it for you to get a car with over 200,000 miles on it depends on your situation, and what you can find in your price range. Some of these vehicles are better left alone, while others can be a great deal and a decent vehicle. It's important to do your research and know what you're getting for the money.

Another way to combat the risks of breakdown on your next car with over 200,000 miles, is to look for cars that are known to hold on to their reliability. Vehicles such as Honda, Toyota, GMC, Ford, and Chevy are known to hold on to their value and to run well past the 200,000-mile mark.

The automotive industry has a love affair with numbers that has led to some interesting sales strategies. Car companies often roll out new models and discontinue older ones based on reaching certain numerical milestones.

Overall we experts would always recommend avoiding buying a car with less mileage than 200k, no matter the make or model. You would be better off financially in the long run by buying a newer vehicle.

Since car mileage lifespan has increased over time, a well-maintained used car could still serve you well for thousands or tens of thousands of miles, even if it already has over 100,000 miles on the clock. In fact, opting for a car with a higher mileage can be a great way to find a great deal on a late model car that you might not be able to afford otherwise.

As with any other vehicle, you should perform monthly checks to ensure that everything is working as it should. These regular checks should include monitoring oil and coolant levels, tyre pressure and tread depth, and the cleanliness of headlights and number plates. Also make sure to top up your washer fluid.

Improvements in technology and production techniques mean that with proper maintenance, a traditional gas-powered car should run for up to 200,000 miles. Modern electric and gas/electric hybrid vehicles, however, have fewer moving parts than traditional drivetrains, which reduces mechanical trouble to the point they're projected to keep running for up to 300,000 miles.

In some cases, manufacturers identified common points of failure and totally replaced their function with something new. For instance, rubber timing belts lost elasticity and eventually failed somewhere between 65,000 and 100,000 miles. In recent decades, manufacturers have replaced them with metal timing chains that frequently outlast the rest of the car.

In the past, any car with 100,000 miles was considered a high-mileage vehicle, but that's simply not true anymore. While the exact point at which a vehicle reaches this threshold is somewhat subjective, 150,000 miles is a realistic estimate. A modern car with 150,000 miles on the road may be considered high mileage, but it can still provide years of reliable use.

It's difficult to determine which cars last the longest, as there aren't many available statistics, and it would be almost impossible for a study to control factors like routine maintenance and driving style. Therefore, we've taken a pragmatic approach and created the following list based on a study of the top 16 vehicles with more than 200,000 miles. This study by iSeeCars looked at more than 10 million vehicles to find those that vaulted past 200,000 miles with the greatest consistency.

The Land Cruiser hasn't exactly been a darling in the U.S. auto market, but it's a beloved favorite in developing countries that lack good road systems. This is thanks to the high-grade steel used in manufacturing and precise, small-batch production techniques that Toyota puts into the vehicle. It's designed to last decades handling rugged off-road driving, and this shows in the number of Land Cruisers on the road with more than 200,000 miles.

Here's an entry we have specifically catered towards all our truck lovers out there. Trucks are meant to withstand anything and everything thrown at them, no matter the magnitude, so of course, the Silverado deserves a spot on our list. The Silverado from 2014 has been claimed to survive more than 250,000 miles without any detrimental issues, and you can find Silverado 1500 models that are meant to be nothing more than workhorses, but also some more luxury-focussed ones. Sure it might not be something like a Toyota 4Runner, but it still does the job pretty well.

While Honda manufactured the Acura, it borrowed many key components to assemble the car including drivetrain details. Some of the TL's owners were satisfied with their purchase since most claim they can drive the vehicle beyond 200,000 miles.

If you regularly maintain the vehicle, seeing more than 200,000 miles on the dashboard will be a reality, and its 300 hp makes it rather fast too. The car needs 5.7 seconds to reach 0 to 60 mph, and drivers can expect to get 21 mpg in the city and 30 mpg on the highway without spending more than $38,000 for a brand-spanking-new one.

This sporty ride will dash past 200,000 miles on the clock while allowing you to enjoy 26 mpg in the city and 33 mpg on the highway. We awarded the 2021 model year Miata the title of "Best Japanese Sports Car of 2021". The latest ND Miata comes with a 2.0-liter naturally-aspirated four-banger, as well as a 6-speed manual transmission without exceeding the $30,000 price point.

We were not surprised to see the Civic on Consumer Reports' list of vehicles that will surpass 200,000 miles. The base engine is a 2.0-liter four-pot but is also offered with an optional 180 hp 1.5-liter turbocharged one. Both of the engines provide great fuel economy, but the turbo delivers better performance.

Drivers with deep pockets who want style, luxury, and reliability should choose the Mercedes-Benz E-Class. With an average price of beyond $50,000 for the new models, drivers will be delighted to know they are getting their money's worth with used E-Classes since these will easily go beyond 200,000 miles. The handsome design and the striking interior with a slew of new safety features will have most drivers salivating. The E-Class might not be as luxurious and tech-focused as the S-Class, but it is much more reliable, more affordable, and still boasts a semi-limousine interior.

Looking for a vehicle that will last you forever - forever in this case being 200,000 miles? The good news is - they're out there. Cars are lasting longer than ever these days thanks to improved quality. So hitting that milestone is certainly not out of the question for some vehicles. Which ones have the best chance at doing so is the question. For answers we turn to the data experts at iSeeCars.com. Its new study identifies the longest-lasting vehicles on the road, models deemed most likely to reach or even surpass the 200,000-mile mark. Researchers analyzed over 14.9 million cars sold in 2021 to determine the most reliable models based on their long-term reliability with the highest percentage of cars reaching 200,000 miles.

"I just bought a 2007 with 100,000 miles. I went to a couple of Toyota Dealerships and talked with the folks who worked there (including Mechanics). They said these trucks will last 700.000 miles if you maintain them properly. I hope that's true!"

"My '01 had 243,000 miles on it, and I replaced it with a 2012 with 171,000. My '12 literally looks new inside. It was a one owner and a local vehicle. I was able to verify all the service records with the dealership it was serviced at so was happy getting a 2012 DC for $14,500."

Toby Harvey's opinion happened to stand out the most to me. He bought his used Tundra with "180k a few months ago. Super clean. All of my Toyotas have near or over 200k so I had no issue buying another, plus it was the cheapest 5.7 around me and seemed like a good deal... I could've gotten a new truck, but I didn't want to be in debt. I paid cash for this and am more than happy, and it has more creature comforts than most of my other trucks and more power so no reason to pay 3 times [as much] for the same (new) truck in my opinion."

I can write a long list of why I believe that a used Tundra with around 200k miles would be a fantastic investment; however, I have never owned a used Tundra so my argument is hardly credible. I do believe it would be a great purchase simply because they are overall an amazing pickup-truck (see -5-reasons-buy-toyota-tundra), but the most compelling assertions come from real owners. Thank you All Out Tundras and TundraCrew for your input. Special thanks to Toby Harvey for letting me use your image.

If you're wondering how to get your car to last 200,000 miles or more, talk with the team at Northern Tire. We can place you on a maintenance program designed for your make and model. If you have any questions, contact us today. We look forward to working with you throughout the life of your vehicle to help you get the longest life from it.

How many miles does a car last? Well, cars these days are made to last much longer than those produced even a few decades ago. This is because car parts are now constructed to withstand more wear than in the past. 041b061a72